System.Transactions vs System.Data

Ken

I used the classes (SqlCommand, SqlConnection) of part of System.Data
namespace.
I got an error which mentioned "Could not load file or assembly assembly
'System.Transactions, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089 or noe of its dependencies.

What should I do to fix this issue?

Strange enough, this application works fine other boxes except one box

John Saunders [MVP]

Ken said:
I used the classes (SqlCommand, SqlConnection) of part of System.Data
namespace.
I got an error which mentioned "Could not load file or assembly assembly
'System.Transactions, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089 or noe of its dependencies.

What should I do to fix this issue?

What happens when you add a reference to System.Transactions?

Ken

It start working for a while then stop working.
and when I debug remotely, then it mentioned "Could not load file or
assembly assembly
'System.Transactions, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089 or none of its dependencies.

John Saunders [MVP]

Ken said:
It start working for a while then stop working.
and when I debug remotely, then it mentioned "Could not load file or
assembly assembly
'System.Transactions, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089 or none of its dependencies.

Ok, does it always work when you debug locally? If so, check whether both
systems have the same exact System.Transactions. In particular, make sure
the version, culture, and PublicKeyToken are exactly the same on both
systems.

Also, things don't usually change for no reason. Try to characterize the
times it stops working. For instance, does it stop working at a particular
time of day? Is there anything interesting in either the Application or
System event logs on either the local or remote systems when it stops
working?

I'm not as deep on this area of the CLR as I'd like to be, so these are
general troubleshooting tips. If these don't get you anywhere, you should
consider posting this question in the microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.clr
or microsoft.public.vsnet.debugging newsgroups (not both at the same time,
please).
--
John Saunders [MVP]