    the unit tests, and goes red or green. These are a dime a dozen for
    things like JUnit, but haven't found one for Ruby.

    , Dec 12, 2005

  2. On 12/12/05, <> wrote:
    > Any one know of a simple way to load an icon to the system tray via
    > Ruby?
    >
    > Ideally, I'd like cross platform, but would settle for Windows only.
    >
    > My goal is to make a simple utility that runs in the background, runs
    > the unit tests, and goes red or green. These are a dime a dozen for
    > things like JUnit, but haven't found one for Ruby.

    I don't believe that there's any cross-platform way to do this.
    Here's how in Windows, though:
    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/ruby-talk/2913444

    The API call at play here is this:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=3D/library/en-us/shellcc/=
    platform/shell/reference/functions/shell_notifyicon.asp

    You basically use String.pack to build the "NOTIFYICONDATA" data
    structure that the Win32 call expects.

    --Wilson.

    Wilson Bilkovich, Dec 13, 2005

  3. daz Guest

    listrecv wrote:
    > Any one know of a simple way to load an icon to the system tray via
    > Ruby?
    >
    > Ideally, I'd like cross platform, but would settle for Windows only.
    >
    > My goal is to make a simple utility that runs in the background, runs
    > the unit tests, and goes red or green. These are a dime a dozen for
    > things like JUnit, but haven't found one for Ruby.

    Here's a thread from two weeks back with "system tray" in the subject line:

    http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bi...talk/167555?167445-168102 split-mode-vertical

    daz

    daz, Dec 13, 2005