System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "\\Fped-d3gmp31\c$\Tushar\AAA.txt" is denied.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Tushar Shelar, Jan 13, 2005.

  1. Hi Guys,
    I have simple asp.net page that creates a file (On a machine other than the
    web server) when the user clicks a button. The code runs fine when I run it
    on my local machine(LocalHost). When I copy the web application on a
    different web server it give the following error
    "System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
    "\\Fped-d3gmp31\c$\Tushar\AAA.txt" is denied.
    granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity.
    ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or
    Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not
    impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity
    impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically
    IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user. ".
    The authentication method on the virtual directory is set to Integrated
    windows authentication. In my web config I have set <authentication
    mode="Windows" /> <identity impersonate="true" />.
    I have checked the direcotry permission and the users have rights on the
    folder. The folder in which the file is suppose to be created has permission
    for "Everyone Full Control".

    I have tried everything possible from IIS settings to drectory security
    permission but have not been able to resolve this issue. I am suspecting it
    to be a trust issue between the machines or code level security issue.
    Please advice if any body has encountered a similiar issue as this.

    Thanks
    Tushar Shelar
    Tushar Shelar, Jan 13, 2005

  2. RE: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "\\Fped-d3g

    I had a prblem like this. I removed impersonate= true from web.confog and it
    worked. Worth a go?

    Jon

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=, Jan 14, 2005

  3. Re: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "\\Fped-d3g

    Thanks, I removed impersonate=true but it did not help

    Tushar Shelar, Jan 14, 2005