'System.Web.Administration.WebAdminRemotingManager'

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ross Culver, Aug 21, 2007.

  1. Ross Culver

    Ross Culver Guest

    'System.Web.Administration.WebAdminRemotingManager' in Assembly
    'App_Code.1hpl8upp

    Everytime I click the ASP Configuration button with VS2K5 this ERROR-RIDDEN
    file is created in the
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files\asp.netwebadminfiles\9d4caaa4\c2ae7372 directory; regardless of
    whether I'm in a new project or old.

    Does anyone know if I'm going to have to uninstall and reinstall Visual
    Studio to rid myself of this problem:
    ('System.Web.Administration.WebAdminRemotingManager' in Assembly
    'App_Code.1hpl8upp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
    is not marked as serializable.]),

    which creates this error: Unable to serialize the session state. In
    'StateServer' and 'SQLServer' mode, ASP.NET will serialize the session state
    objects, and as a result non-serializable objects orMarshalByRef objects are
    not permitted. The same restriction applies if similar serialization is done
    by the custom session state store in 'Custom' mode.

    Thanks.

    Ross Culver, Aug 21, 2007

  2. Ross Culver

    Ross Culver Guest

    The answer is no, re-installing VS did not resolve the issue.

    Should there be a specific reference to
    'System.Web.Administration.WebAdminRemotingManager' in the webconfig file?
    There isn't in mine.

    Ross

    Ross Culver, Aug 21, 2007