System.Web.HttpForbiddenHandler and Directory?

xenophon

I am using System.Web.HttpForbiddenHandler to prevent access to 5
types of files in a web directory. Is it posible to protect the
directory itself with that handle (or any other way)?

Thanks.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Xenophon,

Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
Regarding on the prevent client user from visiting web directory by
HttpForbidden handler, I'm afraid ASP.NET httphandler can not do this.
Because ASP.NET http handler can only intercept document based url (which
has a certain file extension). for directory path , it can only be
intercepted by raw IIS isapi filters or extensions. Also, if we want to
prevent a certain IIS virtual dir from being navigated by client user, we
can set the access setting in IIS's home directory setting of that
virtual dir.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support