    StateServer mode throughout the rest of my application, but for some reason
    it becomes read-only in the context of my handler.

    Please let me know what is causing this.

    MCM14, Jul 7, 2010

  2. Hi,

    The common issue that may cause this behavior is you probably set
    EnableSessionState to ReadOnly in web.config:
    <pages enableSessionState="ReadOnly"></pages>

    Please check it first. In InProc mode the ReadOnly setting may not have the
    effect as you might thought so it appears to be "everything works
    correctly". Please see the following FAQ for more details:

    http://forums.asp.net/p/7504/7504.aspx:

    Quote:

    Q: I set EnableSessionState to "ReadOnly", but in InProc mode I can still
    modify the session. Why is that?
    A: Even those enableSessionState is marked as ReadOnly, but in InProc
    state, the user can still modify the session. The only difference is that
    the session will not be locked during the request. This limitation is
    by-design. And I sorry that it’s not documented in MSDN.

    If it still doesn't work could you send me a demo that can reproduce this
    problem? My email is se update here after sending
    the project in case I missed that email.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    .

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Jul 12, 2010

  3. Hi,

    >It works well, except for 1 problem with Session State. When the Session
    >mode is set to InProc, everything works correctly. When I change the

    Session
    >mode to StateServer, the Session becomes read-only. Session works in
    >StateServer mode throughout the rest of my application, but for some

    reason
    >it becomes read-only in the context of my handler.

    >Please let me know what is causing this.

    Have you resolved this issue?

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    .

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Jul 14, 2010
  4. MCM14

    MCM14 Guest

    RE: System.Web.IHttpHandler, System.Web.SessionState.IRequiresSess

    Sorry for the delayed response.

    That was not exactly my issue, but close. I was able to resolve it. I didn't
    have a line enabling session state at all, so it was reverting to the
    machine.config definition.

    Anyway, thank you for the help.

    MCM14, Jul 20, 2010