system.web.mail Delivery Receipt?

Chris Thunell

I'm using the system.web.mail in vb.net to send emails out in a vb.net
application. The sending of emails works great. Is there a way to have it
send me back a delivery receipt or a read receipt? (I think i prefer
delivery receipt)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Chris Thunell
(e-mail address removed)

mycode currently is the following:
Imports system.web.mail

Dim message As New MailMessage

Dim Attachment As System.Web.Mail.MailAttachment

With message

..BodyFormat = MailFormat.Html

..To = RecipientList

..Cc = MessageFrom

..Subject = MessageSubject

..From = MessageFrom

..Body = MessageBody

If Len(Trim(AttachmentLocation)) > 1 Then

Attachment = New MailAttachment(Trim(AttachmentLocation))

..Attachments.Add(Attachment)

End If

End With

SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "myserver"

SmtpMail.Send(message)

Curt_C [MVP]

personally I wouldn't bother. The user can block these so you will never
know for sure they didn't read/open it.

Chris Thunell

I seem to get a better response with Delivery receipts since it is the
receipients server that sends that. Be that what it may... is it possible
to get a delivery receipt from the code listed below?

Chris Thunell
(e-mail address removed)

Chris Thunell

Ok thanks for that url! If you look at the code below though, i'm using
..net system.web.mail..... dim message as new mailmessage... etc etc. Your
suggestion is using CDO. Does the .net framework web.mail provide for
delivery receipts?

Thanks again for your help!
Chris Thunell
(e-mail address removed)