System.Web.Mail.MailMessage gets truncated

Bertus Dam

Hi,

When I use System.Web.Mail.MailMessage to send an e-mail, my message gets
truncated. It's 12kB instead of 140kB.
How can I solve this??

Bertus

Bertus Dam

No. The same message doesn't get truncated when it's sent through my outlook
client instead of through this aspx page.

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Bertus,

Please try to use the following samples to reproduce your problem and tell
me how to reproduce your problem on my side step by step. I certainly
appreciate your time.

HOWTO: Send E-mail Programmatically with System.Web.Mail and Visual Basic
NET
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314201

HOWTO: Send E-mail Programmatically with System.Web.Mail and Visual C# .NET
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310273

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support
<MCSD>

Bertus Dam

Hi Jacob,

I'm doing the exact same thing as in the sample, only without an attachment.

I use a very large string in the oMsg.Body property. When I set a break
point on SmtpMail.Send(oMsg) and I look at oMsg.Body in the immediate
window, everything is ok. But when I receive the message in my outlook
mailbox the message is truncated.

Bertus

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Bertus,

You mentioned that you used "a very large string". Is it possible for you
to show this very large string?

Based on my research and experience, this is some size limitation in this
issue. As a workaround, what do you think about put this large string in
the attachment?

Best regards,

Microsoft Online Partner Support
<MCSD>

Bertus Dam

Hello Jacob,

First of all, thanks for your support.
This very large string is a html-formatted table from a database. It could
be any table in any database, it just puts <tr> and <td> tags in it, which
is then rendered beautifully in Word.

I already provide the option of returning this table as an attachment, but
it is crucial to my application that the option of having this table in the
body of the e-mail is also provided. Is there any way around this size
limitation?

Bertus