    truncated. It's 12kB instead of 140kB.
    How can I solve this??

    Bertus
    Bertus Dam, Aug 27, 2003

  2. Bertus Dam

    Bertus Dam Guest

    No. The same message doesn't get truncated when it's sent through my outlook
    client instead of through this aspx page.

    "Marina" <> schreef in bericht
    > Does your SMTP server have a size limit for messages?
    >
    > "Bertus Dam" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > When I use System.Web.Mail.MailMessage to send an e-mail, my message

    gets

    Bertus Dam, Aug 27, 2003

  3. Hi Bertus,

    Please try to use the following samples to reproduce your problem and tell
    me how to reproduce your problem on my side step by step. I certainly
    appreciate your time.

    HOWTO: Send E-mail Programmatically with System.Web.Mail and Visual Basic
    NET
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314201

    HOWTO: Send E-mail Programmatically with System.Web.Mail and Visual C# .NET
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310273

    Best regards,

    Jacob Yang
    Microsoft Online Partner Support
    <MCSD>
    Jacob Yang [MSFT], Aug 28, 2003
  4. Bertus Dam

    Bertus Dam Guest

    Hi Jacob,

    I'm doing the exact same thing as in the sample, only without an attachment.

    I use a very large string in the oMsg.Body property. When I set a break
    point on SmtpMail.Send(oMsg) and I look at oMsg.Body in the immediate
    window, everything is ok. But when I receive the message in my outlook
    mailbox the message is truncated.

    Bertus

    Bertus Dam, Aug 28, 2003
  5. Hi Bertus,

    You mentioned that you used "a very large string". Is it possible for you
    to show this very large string?

    Based on my research and experience, this is some size limitation in this
    issue. As a workaround, what do you think about put this large string in
    the attachment?

    Best regards,

    Jacob Yang [MSFT], Aug 29, 2003
  6. Bertus Dam

    Bertus Dam Guest

    Hello Jacob,

    First of all, thanks for your support.
    This very large string is a html-formatted table from a database. It could
    be any table in any database, it just puts <tr> and <td> tags in it, which
    is then rendered beautifully in Word.

    I already provide the option of returning this table as an attachment, but
    it is crucial to my application that the option of having this table in the
    body of the e-mail is also provided. Is there any way around this size
    limitation?

    Bertus Dam, Aug 29, 2003