    Can a email server be prevented from being a relay server?? (Not sure if
    this is answered in here... but any help is appreciated)

    Vijay

    VJ, Nov 15, 2005

  2. Authentication :
    http://www.systemwebmail.com/faq/3.8.aspx

    Re relay server : set it so it only accepts mail from 127.0.0.1

    Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
    ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ASPNETFAQ.COM : http://www.aspnetfaq.com/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Nov 15, 2005

  3. VJ

    VJ Guest

    Ok Thanks for the reply, I got the relay part..

    But I was not looking for authentication methods. I was asking can I send
    mail using ASP.NET Webamil to any mail server or does the mail server has to
    be Microsoft Exchange Mail Server.

    Vijay

    VJ, Nov 16, 2005
  4. Yes, you can send mail to any mail server.

    Juan T. Llibre, Nov 16, 2005