    works too (I've tried several, including creating my own on localhost,
    but the error never disappears).

    Any ideas?

    Dave Johnston, Jan 19, 2005

  2. Could you post the complete code
    which produces the error you get ?

    Please substitute any sensitive information
    in the code before posting it.

    Thanks!

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    ===========

    Juan T. Llibre, Jan 19, 2005

  3. Sure, I've replaced the 'xxxxxxx' fields, obviously :)

    MailMessage msg = new MailMessage();
    msg.To = "xxxxx@xxxxxx";
    msg.From = "xxxxx@xxxxxx";
    msg.Subject = "Account Statement for " + u.Username;
    msg.Body = "test";
    SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "xxxxxxxx";
    try {
    SmtpMail.Send(msg);