system.web.management

russell.lane

I'm working in Visual Studio '05, with ASP.Net 2.0 v2.0.50525.42 on board.

I'd like to use the new web event monitoring framework found in
system.web.management, but that namespace does not show up in my development
environment. Is there something special I need to do to pull it in? Do I
need a later version of the 2.0 distribution? I've tried looking through
the System.* assemblies under "Add Reference" but haven't found it there.

Thanks -

Carlos Albert

Are you working on a website application code (code-behind or
app_code/class)?
Or you are trying to use it in a class library? Might be that the reason...

russell.lane

Hey Carlos -

Thanks for your reply.

I'm trying to use it in a C# class library. What I'd like to do is define a
set of custom event classes to use across a number of web services and
applications.

Is there any way to include the Web.Management assembly in a C# class
library project?

Thanks -

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Russell,

I've also found your another duplicated thread in the

microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.webservices

newsgroup. I've posted my response there. Please have a look there and feel
free to post in that thread if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security