"System.Web.UI.Page' cannot be designed"

Larry Van Der Jagt

Hello:

This error message crept into my Visual Studio 2002 .Net project after
I updated the framework model IIS is using to execute the project to
1.1. I did a search on this newsgroup and found others with a similar
problems but no solutions.

I solved the problem by deleting the reference to System.Web in the
references tab of the project and replacing it with the system.web.dll
reference from framework 1.0....

So far so good. Hope this works for you.

[MSFT]

Hi Larry,

The project may contain the origianl reference assembly's information. You
also may create a new project and add all your web forms.

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)