System.Web.UI.Page inheritance and viewstate

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alistair McRonald, Dec 23, 2003.

  1. I have been experimenting with an ASP.Net templating system based around
    inheriting from the System.Web.UI.Page class. I am however having some
    issues with loading the viewstate.

    During the "Init" sequence I load my template and then load the body content
    of the page which is pasted into the template.

    However, if I post back I get an error of...

    "Failed to load viewstate. The control tree into which viewstate is being
    loaded must match the control tree that was used to save the view states
    during the previous request."

    It does not however give me the structure of the new control tree which
    would be helpful for comparing with the previous occasion. I cannot see any
    reason why the control tree would be different from previously.

    Any ideas as to how I can view the new control tree structure or what I
    might be doing wrong?

    Many thanks.

    Alistair McRonald, Dec 23, 2003