System.Web.UI.Page.RegisterStartupScript Method not found

Rob

Hi,

We've developed an ajax enabled web app which we're currently deploying to
our production server. We use System.Web.UI.Page.RegisterStartupScript
throughout the app, and all has worked well until we deployed. After
deploying, we get an error stating that the method is not found.

We're using .Net V2. After a bit of investigation, I get the impression that
System.Web.UI.Page.RegisterStartupScript has been replaced by
ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript in .Net V2. If that's the case, I kind of
understand why it wouldn't exist on our prod server, but I don't understand
why it's available in our dev environment. We have .Net V2 installed in our
dev environment also.

We also have the same versions of system.web.extensions.dll and
system.web.extension.design.dll installed in both environments.

Any advice as to what may be going wrong would be appreciated. Thanks

Rob

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply.

I believe that we have .NET 1.1 installed on prod server. When we go into
the web site's properties page in IIS, we get the option to choose .Net1.1.
We have selected .Net 2 though, because our app was developed with .NET 2.
If System.Web.UI.Page.RegisterStartupScript is only available in .NET 1.1, I
can't understand why it's working in our dev environment to begin with. It's
my understanding that an app is either .NET 1.1 or .NET 2.X, but cannot be
both.

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello rob,

I assume that u have .NET 1.1 installed on your dev env, which is missed
on prod server

---
WBR,

r> Hi,
r>
r> We've developed an ajax enabled web app which we're currently
r> deploying to our production server. We use
r> System.Web.UI.Page.RegisterStartupScript throughout the app, and all
r> has worked well until we deployed. After deploying, we get an error
r> stating that the method is not found.
r>
r> We're using .Net V2. After a bit of investigation, I get the
r> impression that System.Web.UI.Page.RegisterStartupScript has been
r> replaced by ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript in .Net V2. If that's
r> the case, I kind of understand why it wouldn't exist on our prod
r> server, but I don't understand why it's available in our dev
r> environment. We have .Net V2 installed in our dev environment also.
r>
r> We also have the same versions of system.web.extensions.dll and
r> system.web.extension.design.dll installed in both environments.
r>
r> Any advice as to what may be going wrong would be appreciated. Thanks
r>

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello rob,

r> It's my understanding that an app
r> is either .NET 1.1 or .NET 2.X, but cannot be both.

the interesting fact that it's not
the managed app can use the other version if assembly is not binded to the
specific version

that exactly what happens in your environment

---
WBR,

Hello rob,

I assume that u have .NET 1.1 installed on your dev env, which is
missed on prod server

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP] :: blog:
http://spaces.live.com/laflour
"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high
and we