System.Web.UI.WebControls.Menu

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jim Duffie, May 14, 2006.

  1. Jim Duffie

    Jim Duffie Guest

    Hi,

    I am trying to build a simple websire using the above in Visual Web
    Developer. When finished I have build the website and it works fine locally
    but when I FTP it to the server I am getting a parse error. Should I be
    uploading a DLL as well (I can't see one in directory)? The error is :-

    Parser Error Message: Could not load type System.Web.UI.WebControls.Menu
    from assembly System.Web, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a

    and my web.config is as below. Any help appreciated as I am a newbie and
    having some real problems (including removing custom error messages which
    does not always seem to work)

    Thanks,
    Jim

    <?xml version="1.0"?>

    <!--

    Note: As an alternative to hand editing this file you can use the

    web admin tool to configure settings for your application. Use

    the Website->Asp.Net Configuration option in Visual Studio.

    A full list of settings and comments can be found in

    machine.config.comments usually located in

    \Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.x\Config

    -->

    <configuration>

    <appSettings/>

    <connectionStrings/>

    <system.web>

    <!--

    Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging

    symbols into the compiled page. Because this

    affects performance, set this value to true only

    during development.

    Visual Basic options:

    Set strict="true" to disallow all data type conversions

    where data loss can occur.

    Set explicit="true" to force declaration of all variables.

    -->

    <compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true"/>

    <pages>

    <namespaces>

    <clear/>

    <add namespace="System"/>

    <add namespace="System.Collections"/>

    <add namespace="System.Collections.Specialized"/>

    <add namespace="System.Configuration"/>

    <add namespace="System.Text"/>

    <add namespace="System.Text.RegularExpressions"/>

    <add namespace="System.Web"/>

    <add namespace="System.Web.Caching"/>

    <add namespace="System.Web.SessionState"/>

    <add namespace="System.Web.Security"/>

    <add namespace="System.Web.Profile"/>

    <add namespace="System.Web.UI"/>

    <add namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls"/>

    <add namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts"/>

    <add namespace="System.Web.UI.HtmlControls"/>

    </namespaces>

    </pages>

    <!--

    The <authentication> section enables configuration

    of the security authentication mode used by

    ASP.NET to identify an incoming user.

    -->

    <authentication mode="Windows"/>

    <!--

    The <customErrors> section enables configuration

    of what to do if/when an unhandled error occurs

    during the execution of a request. Specifically,

    it enables developers to configure html error pages

    to be displayed in place of a error stack trace.

    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="GenericErrorPage.htm">

    <error statusCode="403" redirect="NoAccess.htm" />

    <error statusCode="404" redirect="FileNotFound.htm" />

    </customErrors>

    -->

    </system.web>

    </configuration>