system wide hooking

Al

Is it possible to implement system wide hooking in Java. I need to
catch keyboard/mouse events.

Al

"Understanding questions in general will help you" to answer them :)

I'm asking about system wide hooking, i.e., hooking the events from
other application.

Bart Cremers

What's the system? Windows, Linux, MacOs, ...? As Java is a platform
independent language and you're asking a platform dependent question
you might guess the answer.

But, if you want to create platform dependent code you can always fall
back on JNI to implement the hook you want and provide your own event
mechanism to publish this to your Java code. There might even be some
code out there doing exactly this, but you'll need google for that.

Bart