Systemc?

Discussion in 'C++' started by eman.abu.samra@gmail.com, May 9, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi Guys,
    I did not find another helpful group to post my question, hope you will
    be able to help.
    We are using systemC to write simulators for verification purposes.

    In one of the simulators we use sc_stop to stop simulation (since an
    error has occured), but for some reason this method does not work as it
    should. It's supposed to stop the simulation properly (close all files
    and exit normally ... etc), but I can see that the simulator keeps
    running further. It finishes a little later, but it does not exit (the
    simulation is stuck, it does not go back to the prompt).

    Has anyone have any experiance with sc_stop? should it be used only
    within processes? If this is the case, is there another "healthy" way
    to stop simulation?

    By the way, the simulation gets stuck only on Windows, on Linux it does
    not but it's still the same behavior (continues further the sc_stop
    command).

    I could not find more documentation on the sc_stop in the systemc
    site... so I will be truly gratefull for any help

    Thanks a lot in advance
    Faith

    , May 9, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Hi Guys,
    > I did not find another helpful group to post my question, hope you will
    > be able to help.
    > We are using systemC to write simulators for verification purposes.

    Unfortunately, this newsgroup only deals with the C++ language itself,
    not with the countless libraries it can be used with.

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Mcdougall, May 9, 2006

  3. "Jonathan Mcdougall" <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Hi Guys,
    >> I did not find another helpful group to post my question, hope you will
    >> be able to help.
    >> We are using systemC to write simulators for verification purposes.

    >Unfortunately, this newsgroup only deals with the C++ language itself,
    >not with the countless libraries it can be used with.
    >
    >http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9
    >
    >Jonathan

    See:
    http://www.systemc.org/web/sitedocs/discussion_forum.html