SysV constants, where are they defined?

js

I'm getting into some programming with IPC::Semaphore, etc. After
spending some time searching without success, I was wondering where
one finds what each of the SysV constants stand for so I know a little
bit more of what I'm doing.

Thanks!
js

Ben Morrow

Quoth (e-mail address removed) (js):
I'm getting into some programming with IPC::Semaphore, etc. After
spending some time searching without success, I was wondering where
one finds what each of the SysV constants stand for so I know a little
bit more of what I'm doing.

In your system documentation for SysV IPC: semctl(2) and semget(2). I
admit that I find these pages (on Linux, and at a quick skim only)
pretty opaque, but then I've never tried to use sysv ipc.

You could also look in the Camel, 3rd. ed, which has a section on sysv
ipc.

Ben

js

Thank you, Jim. I decided yesterday while trying to figure all of
this out that I would purchase that book having seen it recommended in
the past.
Sincerely,
Julie