    Thanks,

    Bill
    Cincinnati, OH USA
    Bill Nicholson, Jul 29, 2007

  2. If you make the repeater in such a way that the resulting html will be a
    table, the tab order will be left-to-right top-to-bottom. If you don't
    produce a table, you can ensure the proper tab order by setting the TabIndex
    properties for the controls on the item template.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jul 29, 2007

  3. "Eliyahu Goldin" <> wrote in
    message news:eUBVR%...

    > If you make the repeater in such a way that the resulting html will be a
    > table, the tab order will be left-to-right top-to-bottom. If you don't
    > produce a table, you can ensure the proper tab order by setting the
    > TabIndex properties for the controls on the item template.

    tabIndex is not cross-browser compatible...

    The W3C DOM (and, therefore, most modern browsers) limits the tabIndex
    property to anchors, areas, buttons, inputs, objects, selects and textareas.

    It is only IE5 and above which supports tabIndex for all renderable
    elements...

    It is not supported at all by any version of Netscape...

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP
    Mark Rae [MVP], Jul 29, 2007
  4. > The W3C DOM (and, therefore, most modern browsers) limits the tabIndex
    > property to anchors, areas, buttons, inputs, objects, selects and
    > textareas.

    Sounds pretty good, this should be about 99.99% of what you may need tab
    order for.

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jul 29, 2007
  5. I still don't get it.

    My repeater control has one table in it and that table has one row
    with multiple columns.
    I have the tab order set correctly, left to right, but the browser
    still tabs top to bottom, then back to the top of the next column,
    then top to bottom of that column, etc.

    Bill Nicholson, Aug 1, 2007
  6. I don't know how to interpret your reply. Are you suggesting a
    solution?

    Bill Nicholson, Aug 1, 2007
  7. "Bill Nicholson" <> wrote in message

    >I still don't get it.
    >
    > My repeater control has one table in it and that table has one row
    > with multiple columns.
    > I have the tab order set correctly, left to right, but the browser
    > still tabs top to bottom, then back to the top of the next column,
    > then top to bottom of that column, etc.

    Like I said, tabIndex is not guaranteed to work in all versions of all
    browsers...

    What browser are you using?

    How are you constructing the repeater?

    Does View Source show the tabIndex properties correctly set for each <td>
    rendered by the repeater...?

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP
    Mark Rae [MVP], Aug 1, 2007
  8. I am using IE 6.0.02900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr_070227-2254, pretty standard
    browser.
    I am constructing the repeater with one table in it and one row in
    that table.
    I have the tab order set correctly, left to right, but the browser
    still tabs top to bottom, then back to the top of the next column,
    then top to bottom of that column, etc.
    View / Source shows that the HTML has been rendered to tab down the
    column, back up to the top of the next column, down that column, etc.

    I think I posted all this, except the browser version, in my previous
    message....

    Bill Nicholson, Aug 2, 2007
  9. "Bill Nicholson" <> wrote in message

    > I think I posted all this, except the browser version, in my previous
    > message....

    You still haven't posted any markup or code-behind...

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP
    Mark Rae [MVP], Aug 2, 2007
  10. > View / Source shows that the HTML has been rendered to tab down the
    > column, back up to the top of the next column, down that column, etc.

    How do you now? Do you set the tabindex attribute?

    What exactly is in your itemtemplate? It should cointan only <tr>..</tr>,
    not <table>..</table>. With that you shouldn't need any tabindex.

    Can you show the markup for the repeater?

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer & Consultant

    Eliyahu Goldin, Aug 2, 2007