    alternativs?

    thanks in advance!
    george

    george, Oct 24, 2006

  2. george

    Mark Rae Guest

    "george" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I found in .NET 2.0 Win Forms tab strips are very convenient & useful,
    > but I dont see the features in ASP.NET 2.0. any pointers or
    > alternativs?

    It's possible to simulate this with a combinaton of the <asp:Menu> and
    <asp:MultiView> controls:
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...GLG:en&q=<asp:Menu> <asp:MultiView> tab&meta=

    While this does indeed work, it's important to realise two things:

    1) only the controls within the current tab are rendered to the client

    2) switching tabs requires a postback

    As someone who likes to do as much data validation client-side with
    JavaScript as possible, this is immensely frustrating. There are 3rd-party
    controls which do ASP.NET tabs "properly", of course, but they're not free.

    Of course, it's possible to simulate tabs by making panels visible and
    invisible client-side, but that requires a bit more programming...

    Mark Rae, Oct 24, 2006

  3. See if you can get inspired to write your own with the code in these samples:

    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/TabularMultiView.asp

    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/TabStrip.asp

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Oct 24, 2006
  4. george

    george Guest

    very useful stuff... I think I will write one tonight for my app.

    thanks so much!
    George

    george, Oct 24, 2006