tab strips in ASP.NET 2.0?

george

Hi all -

I found in .NET 2.0 Win Forms tab strips are very convenient & useful,
but I dont see the features in ASP.NET 2.0. any pointers or
alternativs?

thanks in advance!
george

Mark Rae

I found in .NET 2.0 Win Forms tab strips are very convenient & useful,
but I dont see the features in ASP.NET 2.0. any pointers or
alternativs?

It's possible to simulate this with a combinaton of the <asp:Menu> and
<asp:MultiView> controls:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...GLG:en&q=<asp:Menu>+<asp:MultiView>+tab&meta=

While this does indeed work, it's important to realise two things:

1) only the controls within the current tab are rendered to the client

2) switching tabs requires a postback

As someone who likes to do as much data validation client-side with
JavaScript as possible, this is immensely frustrating. There are 3rd-party
controls which do ASP.NET tabs "properly", of course, but they're not free.

Of course, it's possible to simulate tabs by making panels visible and
invisible client-side, but that requires a bit more programming...

george

very useful stuff... I think I will write one tonight for my app.

thanks so much!
George