Tabbing between Table Cells lesson...

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Edward, Sep 7, 2005.

  1. Edward

    Edward Guest

    Edward, Sep 7, 2005

  2. Edward

    kchayka Guest

    Edward wrote:

    > I'm trying to learn about Tabbing between Cells of a table.

    You don't tab between cells of a table. If your browser does support
    tabbing, it is likely only between form input fields, and maybe links.

    > I just can't
    > seem to determine what lets one table tab all the way through like this
    > example http://www.winehaven.com/order.phtml , while another won't tab away
    > from a cell row like this example http://www.nofa.org/store/ct/index.php .

    Turn off JavaScript and you can tab through the 2nd URL, too.
    Hint: look at the code. Notice anything different on all those input
    elements? onFocus="this.blur()" kills tabbing. Field focus is removed so
    the next tab starts back at the top of the document.

    BTW, that's something implemented by stoopid web deezyners who think the
    focus outline makes their pretty pages look ugly. Please don't follow
    their lead.

    kchayka, Sep 7, 2005

  3. Edward

    Edward Guest

    Wow!
    That was it. I had no idea that Blur caused that.

    Thank you so much.

    Edward, Sep 7, 2005