TabIndex and AutoPostBack

Nathan Sokalski

I have a long form that includes several fields which require
AutoPostBack=True. I want the user to be able to tab through the fields in
sequence (I set the the TabIndex property for all the fields), but whenever
after one of the AutoPostBacks occurs some seemingly random field has the
focus. This is obviously very confusing and frustrating for the user filling
out the form, and could end up causing them to enter data into the wrong
field if they don't realize that the cursor is no longer in the same field.
Is there some way I can avoid this? Thanks.

Guest

You have to enable the SmartNavigation property of page class. Smart
navigation is best used with ASP.NET pages that require frequent postbacks
but with visual content that does not change dramatically on return.