    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

    Thanks in advance,

    Brad
    Brad Isaacs, Jul 23, 2003

  2. Brad Isaacs

    Philip Ronan Guest

    On 03.7.23 5:40 PM, Brad Isaacs wrote:

    > Dear friends,
    >
    > I am using tabIndex and it works with my IE 5.5, IE6.0, and the NN6
    > browsers.
    >
    > However, it does not work for NN4. After reading online & seeing in my
    > JavScript Bible that it is NOT COMPATIBLE for NN4,,
    >
    > I am wondering if there is anyone out there with any ideas ,,as to how I may
    > get the same tabbing sequence within NN4 without the use of tabIndex??

    Have you tried changing the order in which the form elements appear in the
    HTML file?

    Phil

    --
    Philip Ronan

    Philip Ronan, Jul 23, 2003

  3. Brad Isaacs

    Brad Isaacs Guest

    Dear Phil,

    Can you please give me an example of what you mean?

    I have my tabIndex ...set as the first element

    <FORM tabIndex=#Request.tabIndex()#

    This is works in IE 5.5, 6.0 NS 6..although not in NS 4...therein lies my
    problem..............

    Any ideas??

    Brad Isaacs

    Brad Isaacs, Jul 24, 2003
  4. Brad Isaacs

    Philip Ronan Guest

    On 03.7.24 1:56 AM, Brad Isaacs wrote:

    > Dear Phil,
    >
    > Can you please give me an example of what you mean?
    >
    > I have my tabIndex ...set as the first element
    >
    > <FORM tabIndex=#Request.tabIndex()#

    You can't apply a tabindex to an entire form -- that isn't valid HTML.
    The tabindex attribute is only supported by these elements: A, AREA, BUTTON,
    INPUT, OBJECT, SELECT, and TEXTAREA.

    If that still doesn't work, then my original suggestion was to arrange the
    form elements in your HTML file in order of their tabbing index.

    For example...

    gives you a top-bottom left-right tabbing order, and

    gives you a left-right top-bottom tabbing order.

    But since you posted your HTML snippet I really have no idea what you're
    trying to achieve here.

    I hope this helps anyway

    Phil

    --