    how does default tab order work for that kind of page?

    Thanks.

    Alex
    =?Utf-8?B?QWxleCBNYWdoZW4=?=, Jun 11, 2006

  2. Hi Alex,

    Thank you for posting.

    As for the web page tabindexing question you mentioned, based on my
    experience, there is no definite rules for web page(html) if you haven't
    explicitly configure tabindex on them and this is specific to the target
    client browser. However, as for flow layout html page, the tab index
    should followup left to right, top to bottom sequence in a flow layout html
    page. Of course some container elements may break this because container
    element such as "<div>" can also
    have tabindex and focus.

    HTML standard support "tabindex" attribute to specify tabindex for html
    elements on html form:

    #17.11.1 Tabbing navigation
    http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#h-17.11.1

    And in ASP.NET, for those server control (which support tabindex at
    client-side) , we can configure its "TabIndex" property

    #WebControl.TabIndex Property
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.webcontro
    l.tabindex(VS.80).aspx

    Hope this helps.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jun 12, 2006

  3. Thanks. Just one more little question: Is there a way to explicitly set a
    control as not being a tab stop at all? Just for Internet Explorer would be
    fine!

    Alex

    =?Utf-8?B?QWxleCBNYWdoZW4=?=, Jun 12, 2006
  4. Thanks for the response Alex,

    I haven't found any definite document on this , however, I've just
    performed some test on the ASP.NET 2.0 page in IE. And if I put a negative
    number (like -1, -2 ...) in the WebControl.Tablndex, it will never get
    focus. This could be a trick you can use.

    Hope this also helps.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead