Table against list

Paul Furman

Luigi said:
Should I use a list or a table to show the names of the regions of Italy
which are shown on the page
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/boendeiitalien.html

I think this explains how to get the syntax to read from a table, per
your previous question about the syntax anylizer thing:

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/global.html#h-7.5.4

"
Since HTML does not include elements that identify objects such as
"client", "telephone number", "email address", etc., we use DIV and SPAN
to achieve the desired structural and presentational effects. We might
use the TABLE element as follows to structure the information:

<!-- Example of data from the client database: -->
<!-- Name: Stephane Boyera, Tel: (212) 555-1212, Email: (e-mail address removed) -->

<DIV id="client-boyera" class="client">
<P><SPAN class="client-title">Client information:</SPAN>
<TABLE class="client-data">
<TR><TH>Last name:<TD>Boyera</TR>
<TR><TH>First name:<TD>Stephane</TR>
<TR><TH>Tel:<TD>(212) 555-1212</TR>
<TR><TH>Email:<TD>[email protected]</TR>
</TABLE>
</DIV>

<DIV id="client-lafon" class="client">
<P><SPAN class="client-title">Client information:</SPAN>
<TABLE class="client-data">
<TR><TH>Last name:<TD>Lafon</TR>
<TR><TH>First name:<TD>Yves</TR>
<TR><TH>Tel:<TD>(617) 555-1212</TR>

"

Does that apply to a list of regions?

Is it better to use a list as on
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/test.html
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/test1.html
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/test2.html
or to give a structure to the table?
May-be I could use the table to divide the regions in 4 classes: those which
are in Northern Italy, those which are situated in the central part of
Italy, those which are in the South and the ones which are islands.