    objectives at the same time. Does anyone have a suggestion?

    Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike T., Aug 27, 2004

  2. Mike T.

    rf Guest

    Mike T wrote:

    > Hi,

    Er, G'day.

    > I'm trying to align a table (12 rows, 1 column, relatively narrow)

    Is this really table data or is it something like navigation where you are
    misusing the table element? An <ul> may be more appropriate.

    > dead
    > center on a page, horizontally

    Easy. CSS. margin: auto; with embelishments to cause the older browser (IE)
    to conform.

    > AND vertically.

    Er, why? Why should anything be verticaly centered? You don't know how high
    my canvas is and if it is so much higher than your content that you need to
    vertically center it then your content is way too small :)

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Aug 27, 2004

  3. Mike T.

    Neal Guest

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:27:42 +0200, Mike T. <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to align a table (12 rows, 1 column, relatively narrow)

    What data is being compared in this table? If it's one column, isn't it a
    list?

    > dead
    > center on a page, horizontally AND vertically. No matter what HTML or CSS
    > tags I use (vertical-align?), I can't seem to accomplish both of these
    > objectives at the same time. Does anyone have a suggestion?

    If you're using CSS tags, I can see your problem.

    But I can't see it, really. Do your best in a simple demo of the problem,
    post a URL here.
    Neal, Aug 27, 2004