Table alignment

OccasionalFlyer

In trying to improve what someone else put on www.ibr-bbr.org about
IBR's annual meeting next November (near the bottom of the page), I
have tried to put the content into multiple tables. (I don't claim to
be a web designer, so there may be better ways to do this, and I
readily accept suggestions.)
I have three main tables, with the first table containing two tables.
I have two questions.
1. The <th> of the first table, which says "Nov. 18- Friday" has a
colspan="3" in it but it is not spanning three columns. What do I need
to do to make a <th> span all three columns that the inner tables
have?

2. The second main table, which starts with
<th colspan="3">
Nov. 19 Saturday 8:30 A.M.-12:30 P.M. IBR Morning Session
</th>

is much wider than the table above it. How do I get all the tables in
this section to align the same, all with the same left margin as the
image above it?

Thanks.

Ken

Andy

OccasionalFlyer said:
[...]

Hi Ken,

I've done a quick&dirty update to the page...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andy.j.bailey/example.html

....just copy the source code and upload to your server.

Andy

richard

[...]

First, clean up your errors by going here
http://validator.w3.org/

IMO, create one table instead of 3.
Left most column then will be the date.

The colspan does not span 3 columns because of the leading <tr>.
<th> is a row tag which is acted upon differently.

xx x

Will email you the code.
Your culprit is

which would span your time over 3 columns.