    wide?

    Thanks,

    Michael Bartos

    Michael Bartos, Nov 16, 2006

  2. Michael Bartos

    dorayme Guest

    In article <b_P6h.19713$-nyc.rr.com>,
    "Michael Bartos" <> wrote:

    > How do you hide table borders in css when you have made them more than 0px
    > wide?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Michael Bartos

    Make them the same colour as the background.

    Mostly, you might be wanting to do this somewhat-shady no-good
    low-down thing because you have not used enough margins or
    padding on the table or table cells. (But I did have a very very
    puzzling case where I could not solve a margin problem without
    using this trick, it might not have been on a table... I forget,
    I think it involved a float too?)

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Nov 16, 2006

  3. Michael Bartos

    mbstevens Guest

    dorayme wrote:
    > In article <b_P6h.19713$-nyc.rr.com>,
    > "Michael Bartos" <> wrote:
    >
    >> How do you hide table borders in css when you have made them more than 0px
    >> wide?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Michael Bartos

    > Make them the same colour as the background.
    >
    > Mostly, you might be wanting to do this somewhat-shady no-good
    > low-down thing because you have not used enough margins or
    > padding on the table or table cells.

    Maybe not always so shady. You might just want the color to change on
    hover or the like. Transparent and inherit are also possible for border
    color, and might avoid your having to reset it when you change a
    background color.
    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/box.html

    There are supposed to be some IE problems with transparent border color,
    though, requiring a bizarre hack, according to this site:
    http://www.hedgerwow.com/360/dhtml/css-ie-transparent-border.html

    mbstevens, Nov 16, 2006
  4. Thanks, Dorayme.

    -Michael