Table cell as link

Clemenza

Hello,

I have a table for my menu. This table contains menu items as text. Each
td tag contains a separate menu text.
How is it possible (without javascript and making text as image) to make
the whole td cell as link and not only the text?
I tried to put the td cell inside the a tag, but it is not a valid html
sollution.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Steve Pugh

Clemenza said:
I have a table for my menu.

Why? Doesn't sound like a table to me.
This table contains menu items as text. Each td tag contains a separate menu text.
How is it possible (without javascript and making text as image) to make
the whole td cell as link and not only the text?

table.menu a {display: block;}

replacing 'menu' with whatever classname you've given to your table.

Steve

Nico Schuyt

Clemenza said:
I have a table for my menu. This table contains menu items as text.
Each td tag contains a separate menu text.
How is it possible (without javascript and making text as image) to
make the whole td cell as link and not only the text?
I tried to put the td cell inside the a tag, but it is not a valid
html sollution.
Any idea?

Something like:
<title>Table cell hover</title>
table, td{border-collapse:collapse;border:1px solid gray;}
td{vertical-align: top;}
a{display:block;width:100%;height:100%;}
a:hover{background:yellow;}
text</td></tr>
text</td></tr>

Nico Schuyt

Nico said:
Something like:
a{display:block;width:100%;height:100%;}
a:hover{background:yellow;}

But, like Steve already mentioned, a table probably is not necessary for the
menu :)