    Is it possible to change the background colour of a table cell when the
    cursor is hovered over it? I heard it was possible to do this using css.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Blindsya, Sep 17, 2003

  2. Blindsya wrote:

    > Is it possible to change the background colour of a table cell when the
    > cursor is hovered over it? I heard it was possible to do this using css.

    td:hover { background-color: blue; }

    Not supported by MSIE

    Most people who want this are trying to get an effect to indicate that the
    link in the cell (which is the only thing in the cell) is active. This
    isn't something tables should usually be used for...

    http://www.maxdesign.com.au/presentation/listamatic/

    .... has nicer semantics and works well.

    --
    David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/
    David Dorward, Sep 17, 2003