    Now how do I get the empty cells to show the tables background colour
    instead of the body background colour beneath?

    Brian.

    Brian Robertson, Nov 9, 2007

  2. Brian Robertson

    dorayme Guest

    In article <oVVYi.3893$>,
    Brian Robertson <brian@[nospam].com> wrote:

    > I have a website that runs to some 1800 pages, most of it tables
    > containing data. I read in a book that some browsers do not display
    > empty cells. OK, I could only found one on my computer that didn't and
    > the offender was only Netscape 6, but the fix looked so simple that I
    > thought I would include it.
    >
    > empty-cells: show
    >
    > Now how do I get the empty cells to show the tables background colour
    > instead of the body background colour beneath?
    >
    > Brian.

    Which cells at

    http://tinyurl.com/2xv4c8

    do what you want?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Nov 9, 2007

  3. Scripsit Brian Robertson:

    > I read in a book that some browsers do not display empty cells.

    Well, that's one way of putting it. There are several oddities really.

    > empty-cells: show

    Won't help on IE.

    > Now how do I get the empty cells to show the tables background colour
    > instead of the body background colour beneath?

    More or less, you don't, so don't use empty cells. Put some dummy content
    there, or some real content.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/