Table colums asymmetrical

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Ioannis, Oct 3, 2005.

  1. Ioannis

    Ioannis Guest

    The table of color photos on this web-page of mine:
    http://users.forthnet.gr/ath/jgal/spectroscope/amici.html#colorphotos

    looks ok in IE, but not in Netscape. I tried different table widths, window
    percentage-wise and absolute pixel size-wise, but Netscape insists on either
    condensing the table too much when the width is small or makes the second
    column larger than the width of the photos, (which is 250), when the width
    is large.

    I would like the width of the second column to be always *exactly* 250, and
    the width of the first column to be something like 180-200, so that its text
    doesn't get mangled by wrapping around too much.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks much in advance.
    --
    I. N. Galidakis