Table content alignment

I.N. Galidakis

My apologies if this is a stupid question. I am basically clueless about HTML
and my website is quite large, so it's a major job to solve my problem properly.

I have two large pages/articles in deprecated HTML, which contain very large
tables, with graphics and text.

IE 6.0.2800 for some reason "weighs" the tables correctly, as a result of which
all the graphics and text on the pages show arranged neatly.

Netscape 7.1 on the other hand, seems to give different precedence to some table
entries (by which it decides for some reason how the rest of the table entries
appear), as a result of which the table entries are all messed up and
misaligned. Not always, but often.

Here are the pages:

http://ioannis.virtualcomposer2000.com/spectroscope/amici.html#colorphotos
http://ioannis.virtualcomposer2000.com/spectroscope/elements.html

Is there an easy way to force all current browsers to display those pages using
the alignment IE uses for those tables?

I don't know how these pages look in other browsers, so if I may ask, do they
show as in IE?

Any info very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

freelancer

I.N. Galidakis said:
[...]

They show ok in FireFox 2. Do people use Netscape now?

Blinky the Shark

I.N. Galidakis said:
I don't know how these pages look in other browsers, so if I may ask, do
they show as in IE?

Why don't you install some other browsers?

Bergamot

I.N. Galidakis said:
I have two large pages/articles in deprecated HTML, which contain very large
tables, with graphics and text.

Netscape 7.1 on the other hand, seems to give different precedence to some table
entries (by which it decides for some reason how the rest of the table entries
appear), as a result of which the table entries are all messed up and
misaligned. Not always, but often.

FYI, NS 7.1 is pretty archaic now. It's hardly worth the trouble of
trying to figure out why your version is behaving strangely. I assume
it's your test version of NS7 that you're referring to anyway, not
someone else using NS7 who complained about it.

I don't see anything like you describe with NS 7.2. That makes me think
there is something weird with your configuration, not NS7 in general. If
you really must have this working in your NS7, completely uninstall then
reinstall it. That might clear it up.
Is there an easy way to force

No. Regardless of what you'd like to do, you cannot force anything on
any browser.
I don't know how these pages look in other browsers, so if I may ask, do they
show as in IE?

You can download and install other browsers yourself. All are free for
the taking.
http://www.opera.com/
http://www.mozilla.com/
http://www.apple.com/safari/download/