Table Control doesn't show up until event occurs

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by John Halliday, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. This is a very strange one and I cannot find ANY information on this - I
    don't know if it has ever happened to anyone else:

    I have a VB/ASP.NET web form with a main PANEL and two imbedded PANELS.
    The application works by showing the first panel and then when the user
    clicks a button the other panel becomes visible, displaying data from a
    database in various web controls, including a webforms TABLE control
    (NOT from the HTML toolbar).

    The problem is that all the controls on the page display when the panel
    is made visible EXCEPT for the table control. Even the TEXTBOX controls
    INSIDE the table controls SHOW UP (just that they aren't in the location
    of the table cells and are thus their positions are all messed up).

    Another odd thing that happens is that when I postback information from
    any of the controls that do show up, the tables then SHOW UP JUST FINE.

    Suggestions please?

    JH

    John Halliday, Feb 6, 2004