Table creation

Venkatesh can....can...

How to create a table in perl ?
The table should just be displayed as output in the cli not in any
Database.
can anyone pls help??

Joost Diepenmaat

J. Gleixner

Venkatesh said:
How to create a table in perl ?
The table should just be displayed as output in the cli not in any
Database.
can anyone pls help??

First, you'll likely need some wood and nails. In addition to perl
some Assembly may be required and you'll probably need a saw and
some sand paper and some Java to keep you awake.

If that's not the kind of table you need help in displaying, then
provide a sample of the input, and how you'd like that to be displayed.

Jürgen Exner

Venkatesh can....can... said:
How to create a table in perl ?
The table should just be displayed as output in the cli not in any
Database.
can anyone pls help??

perldoc -f printf
perldoc -f format (which will send you to perldoc perlform)

jue

ccc31807

How to create a table in perl ?
The table should just be displayed as output in the cli not in any
Database.
can anyone pls help??

Do you want this in memory, storage, or as some kind of output?

If output, do you ultimately want to save it to a file, print it on
paper, display it to a browser, or export it to another application
such as a database table? I know you mention the monitor, but normally
you wouldn't go to the trouble of displaying something on the monitor
if it were even the least little bit important.

If you just want to display output, you can do it like this:
print "output\n";
print "$output\n";
printf "%s\n", $output;

CC