    The table should just be displayed as output in the cli not in any
    Database.
    can anyone pls help??

    Venkatesh can....can..., Mar 21, 2008

  2. "Venkatesh can....can..." <> writes:

    > How to create a table in perl ?

    Tables aren't built-in types, so you'll have to explain what you
    actually want.

    > The table should just be displayed as output in the cli not in any
    > Database.

    What about this?

    print <<ENDTABLE;
    +-------------------+
    | This is a table |
    +--------+----------+
    | col1 | col 2 |
    +--------+----------+
    ENDTABLE

    Joost Diepenmaat, Mar 21, 2008

  3. Venkatesh can....can...

    J. Gleixner Guest

    Venkatesh can....can... wrote:
    > How to create a table in perl ?
    > The table should just be displayed as output in the cli not in any
    > Database.
    > can anyone pls help??

    First, you'll likely need some wood and nails. In addition to perl
    some Assembly may be required and you'll probably need a saw and
    some sand paper and some Java to keep you awake.

    If that's not the kind of table you need help in displaying, then
    provide a sample of the input, and how you'd like that to be displayed.

    J. Gleixner, Mar 21, 2008
  4. "Venkatesh can....can..." <> wrote:
    >How to create a table in perl ?
    >The table should just be displayed as output in the cli not in any
    >Database.
    >can anyone pls help??

    perldoc -f printf
    perldoc -f format (which will send you to perldoc perlform)

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Mar 21, 2008
  5. Venkatesh can....can...

    ccc31807 Guest

    On Mar 21, 9:22 am, "Venkatesh can....can..."
    <> wrote:
    > How to create a table in perl ?
    > The table should just be displayed as output in the cli not in any
    > Database.
    > can anyone pls help??

    Do you want this in memory, storage, or as some kind of output?

    If output, do you ultimately want to save it to a file, print it on
    paper, display it to a browser, or export it to another application
    such as a database table? I know you mention the monitor, but normally
    you wouldn't go to the trouble of displaying something on the monitor
    if it were even the least little bit important.

    If you just want to display output, you can do it like this:
    print "output\n";
    print "$output\n";
    printf "%s\n", $output;

    CC