table editor

Jeff Thies

I seem to be editing heavily nested tables.

Now, this is extremely hard to do in NoteTab.

Recommendations on a wysiwyg editor (windows/cheap) that will let me see
how these tables are put together?

And no, I don't want to rewrite it as table less/low, I want to work
on it as little as possible! I know there's a zillion html editors, I
just need one.

Jeff

Sjeef

Jeff said:
I seem to be editing heavily nested tables.

Now, this is extremely hard to do in NoteTab.

Recommendations on a wysiwyg editor (windows/cheap) that will let me
see how these tables are put together?

And no, I don't want to rewrite it as table less/low, I want to
work on it as little as possible! I know there's a zillion html
editors, I just need one.

Jeff

Use the HTML-kit with the plugin hkTableStarter. It's free.
Find it at: www.chami.com

Gerard Schaefers
Amsterdam-NL

Big Bill

I seem to be editing heavily nested tables.

Now, this is extremely hard to do in NoteTab.

Recommendations on a wysiwyg editor (windows/cheap) that will let me see
how these tables are put together?

And no, I don't want to rewrite it as table less/low, I want to work
on it as little as possible! I know there's a zillion html editors, I
just need one.

Jeff

If I were you, I'd make each table have a border of around 7 and a
different colour for each. That's how I keep track of mine.

BB

Sid Ismail

: I seem to be editing heavily nested tables.
:
: Now, this is extremely hard to do in NoteTab.
:
: Recommendations on a wysiwyg editor (windows/cheap) that will let me see
: how these tables are put together?
:
: And no, I don't want to rewrite it as table less/low, I want to work
: on it as little as possible! I know there's a zillion html editors, I
: just need one.
:

Jeff, it is important for your sanity that the nested tables are indented
properly. To this end, may I suggest that you run your HTML through
Tagcheck: http://www.tafweb.com/tagcheck.html

That's a start.

Sid

Neal

I seem to be editing heavily nested tables.

Sucks to be you...

Perhaps the only thing worse than using nested tables is to have to figure
someone else's incompetently coded nested tables out. Makes one wish they
were in retail.

Adrienne

Perhaps the only thing worse than using nested tables is to have to
figure someone else's incompetently coded nested tables out.

No, worse than that is nested tables that are nested in include files.
Worse still, is when there are if and/or select statements to include the
files.

The Doormouse

Jeff Thies said:
Recommendations on a wysiwyg editor (windows/cheap) that will let me see
how these tables are put together?

Any wysiwyg editor should show the borders. Find a free one on one of the
shareware sites!

The Doormouse

kchayka

Jeff said:
I seem to be editing heavily nested tables.

Recommendations on a wysiwyg editor (windows/cheap) that will let me see
how these tables are put together?

mozilla composer