    re-generated.
    Any samples/ code/ pointers would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

    Rheadore, Aug 16, 2004

  2. Rheadore

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 10:51:09 +0530, "Rheadore"
    <> wrote:

    >In a form that is supposed to work online, my user would enter values in say
    >15 fields. Now when I click "Submit" button, this should create a table at
    >runtime. Next, whenever this button is clicked, this table should be
    >re-generated.

    Okay, table as in a table in a database? Or table as in table in
    HTML? If a database you'll need to tell us the database you use, if
    HTML, then you'll want to check a HTML group on how to create tables.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Aug 16, 2004

  3. Rheadore

    Denzil Guest

    Hi,

    You have 2 alternatives to generate tables. Based on your requirement/
    conditions you could choose one of them. I figure you are asking for
    generation of tables on the client. You can generate tables
    on-the-fly/ dynamically either on the client or on the server.

    1 - Client side using the "Table Object Model". Refer to this link
    [How to Build Tables Dynamically]

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/objects/table.asp

    2 - On the server [from your mail I gather that you need it on the
    client side], run nested loops, for the rows and for the columns. Then
    generate the table in ASP and write it down to the client.

    Cheerz,
    Denzil

    Denzil, Aug 16, 2004