Table generation in ASP

Rheadore

Hi,
In a form that is supposed to work online, my user would enter values in say
15 fields. Now when I click "Submit" button, this should create a table at
runtime. Next, whenever this button is clicked, this table should be
re-generated.
Any samples/ code/ pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Jeff Cochran

In a form that is supposed to work online, my user would enter values in say
15 fields. Now when I click "Submit" button, this should create a table at
runtime. Next, whenever this button is clicked, this table should be
re-generated.

Okay, table as in a table in a database? Or table as in table in
HTML? If a database you'll need to tell us the database you use, if
HTML, then you'll want to check a HTML group on how to create tables.

Jeff

Denzil

Hi,

You have 2 alternatives to generate tables. Based on your requirement/
conditions you could choose one of them. I figure you are asking for
generation of tables on the client. You can generate tables
on-the-fly/ dynamically either on the client or on the server.

1 - Client side using the "Table Object Model". Refer to this link
[How to Build Tables Dynamically]

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/objects/table.asp

2 - On the server [from your mail I gather that you need it on the
client side], run nested loops, for the rows and for the columns. Then
generate the table in ASP and write it down to the client.

Cheerz,
Denzil