Table height 100% has no effect

Ashish

Hello All,
I recently migrated to ASP.NET 2.0. I also migrated a toolbar control that I
had made in ASP.NET 1.1. The toolbar table sets a height of 100% so the
toolbar spans the whole page height incase of less buttons in a band.
However I notice in ASP.NET 2.0 setting height to 100% has no effect. Can
someone reason this out, as I scratch my head while doing the same :)
Thanks,
Ashish

Ashish

For example the following page:
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Test.aspx.cs"
Inherits="Test" %>

<head runat="server">
<title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
</form>

Displays the table in full 100% spanning width but not the height...
Ashish

lisa

Try doing <table height=100% instead of <table style=height:100%

You should probably do that for width as well.

Lisa

mrsmitty

Same problem, any luck? Maybe we can use JavaScript to keep the table
at full height. I'm also trying to place other controls, mainly DIV
tags to see if they well expand 100% height.

mrsmitty

I took the generated HTML and started stripping stuff from it until the
table expanded the page. The line below is causing the problem. I'm not
sure what the purpose of it is but it seems to have something to do
with conformance levels. Let me know if you have an explanation for
this. Thanks.

Mike