Table Height definition

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, "Jonathan N. Little"
Not surprising, they are a rare breed, < 100 registered with the AKC
each year. They are basically a rabbit dog, for hunting without a gun
in rocky, hilly, scrubby land of the Belaric Islands off of Spain.
Catch and retrieve prey--many times live. I've got a picture around
here somewhere of one of ours bringing a *live* young wild turkey to
the house. Caused a little pandemonium in the living room!

Wow, that is rare. I used to, uh, help raise chihuahuas when they were
considered semi-rare. (-Don't ask...)

One time in college I went out on a buddy's dad's farm before Thankgiving
to "gather" turkeys for the holiday. Yeah, right... A suit of armor
wouldn't have been too much protection.
Everything was fine until they 'upgraded' their servers about 2 years
ago (major expansion?). They now have some strange config where the
static content is handled by one set of servers and dynamic on others.
The result reared its ugly head when my 404 handling script failed.
Redirects cannot be done without a full URL so that a dynamic URL
rewritten to appear as a static URL will not work, the real dynamic
one will always appear in the address bar. Kinda blows with current
trends to interface with a MySQL database! SO I am hosting hunting...

The worst part about the whole thing from my point of view is I only
vaguely understand it... I kinda get the dynamic vs. static thing but
not the "...dynamic URL rewritten to appear as static..." This could be
because my brain is dynamic except when it gets a lot of static.
Wow, yeah that sucks. Can you at least set the 'Reply To:' in the
header
to the original sender's address?

Sure. Sending "to" is no prob. They apparently just don't want just
anybody using their facilities to transmit mail. I understand the pov,
but it should be allowed under the auspices of the subscriber, as in
formmail, which always goes to the same party, anyway.

Jonathan N. Little

Not surprising, they are a rare breed, < 100 registered with the AKC
each year. They are basically a rabbit dog, for hunting without a gun
in rocky, hilly, scrubby land of the Belaric Islands off of Spain.
Catch and retrieve prey--many times live. I've got a picture around
here somewhere of one of ours bringing a *live* young wild turkey to
the house. Caused a little pandemonium in the living room!

Wow, that is rare. I used to, uh, help raise chihuahuas when they were
considered semi-rare. (-Don't ask...)[/QUOTE]

Chihuahuas, now they are vicious little beggars!
One time in college I went out on a buddy's dad's farm before Thankgiving
to "gather" turkeys for the holiday. Yeah, right... A suit of armor
wouldn't have been too much protection.

Really? I've raise chickens, ducks, geese, and turkeys. Geese were by far
the most troublesome, turkeys well they sort of live up to their name!
The worst part about the whole thing from my point of view is I only
vaguely understand it... I kinda get the dynamic vs. static thing but
not the "...dynamic URL rewritten to appear as static..." This could be
because my brain is dynamic except when it gets a lot of static.

What I mean by static vs dynamic is to a static page like:

www.somedomain.com/somepage.html

where as one can use CGI to dynamically generate a page or pull from a
database:

www.somedomain.com/catalog.cgi?partno=abc123&size=3

Now normally you can take dynamically created pages like:

www.somedomain.com/articles.php?topic=widgets&date=20060412

and with a .htaccess write the url to give the appearance of a static
url:

^articles/([a-z].*)/[\d]* article.php?topic=$1&date=$2 [L]

and the url becomes:

www.somedomain.com/article/widgets/20060412

Much nicer, but I cannot do this on FatCow the way the have their servers
configured

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, Jonathan N. Little
Chihuahuas, now they are vicious little beggars!

Well, they can be, but they can also be very loyal and sweet. Think of
dorayme with whiskers being wooed by Luigi on a hot Venician night.
Really? I've raise chickens, ducks, geese, and turkeys. Geese were by
far the most troublesome, turkeys well they sort of live up to their
name!

Well, these were wild turkeys. Maybe there's a special kind, I dunno.
Anyway, we had to wear leather suits like chaps and a top, and I defy
anyone to try and catch one of those buggers in street clothes.
What I mean by static vs dynamic is to a static page like:

www.somedomain.com/somepage.html

where as one can use CGI to dynamically generate a page or pull from a
database:

CGI=="Can't Get It"... :)
www.somedomain.com/catalog.cgi?partno=abc123&size=3

Now normally you can take dynamically created pages like:

www.somedomain.com/articles.php?topic=widgets&date=20060412

and with a .htaccess write the url to give the appearance of a static
url:

^articles/([a-z].*)/[\d]* article.php?topic=$1&date=$2 [L]

and the url becomes:

www.somedomain.com/article/widgets/20060412

Much nicer, but I cannot do this on FatCow the way the have their
servers configured

Okay, I see, and good explanation. Never knew you could do that,
although I have used an .htaccess file before (-to prevent non-site
access to images, etc.) Maybe Fatcow's getting too fat for their own
good.