Table & Partial Borders Problem

Shaun

Hello!

I have a small problem with creating a Table menu in HTML. Here is
the layout with '-' being an invisible cell border and '=' and '||'
being a seen border around 1,2,3 and 4,5:

================
|| 1 ||
||------------||
|| 2 ||
||------------||
|| 3 ||
||============||
|| 4 ||
||------------||
|| 5 ||
================

I can't seem to code this into HTML. It either misses some of the
border around 4 and 5, or it doesnt work at all. Do i have to use CSS
to do this?

Thanks for your help! :)

Shaun

Bernhard Sturm

Shaun said:
Hello!

I have a small problem with creating a Table menu in HTML.

do you really need a table? making your menu as an unordered list would
be very much easier:

<ul>
<li>Item 1</li>
<li>Item 2</li>
<li>Item 3</li>
<li>Item ad infinitum</li>
</ul>

and then style your ul and li tags with CSS... you will get a much more
flexible menu than your table thing.

HTH
bernhard