    Any comments would be appreciated.
    TIA
    Brian Tozer

    KiwiBrian, Jan 19, 2006

  2. KiwiBrian

    Jose Guest

    > Lately I have run into a couple of instances where IE6 has expanded the
    > width of the table, or the cell in the table, depending on the length of a
    > line of text within the cell/table.
    > As there is a banner image at the top and within the same cell, and a
    > border, this causes a space to appear beside the image.
    > Is this expected behaviour, or am I inadvertantly triggering a bug?
    > An example of this behaviour is the Margay Realty bordered entry on:-
    > http://www.hibiscuslink.co.nz/Forsale/tl.html

    I see no difference between Netscape 7.2 and IE 6.0.

    I don't know much about CSS, but I normally expect the table to size
    itself based on the contents. Yours doesn't, which introduces
    horizontal scrolling (as the banner won't let the table resize
    gracefully). What I would reccomend is that "CLICK HERE" be deleted and
    the "Margay" and "Property management..." be made text, or at least two
    separate graphics, and allowed to collapse with the window. I'd do the
    same with the top banner (make the ball logo, the Hibiscuslink, and the
    "Your Community Link..." into separate elements so that they can
    collapse too. Then a user can shrink the window and still use the site.
    There is nothing on the site that really requires 800 pixels, but the
    site still demands it.

    Also, the Margay banner link is dead.

    Jose

    Jose, Jan 19, 2006