Table question

richard

http://littleworldofours.com/1960d.html

I know you're gonna run it through the validator. BTDT.
What cleanup is needed will be done later.

Locate "EBB TIDE".
What I want to do is quite simple, but when I try it, I get an
erroneous table cell that should not be there.

On the very right side of each entry are two table cells that show a
"Week" and below it shows a number.

1)EBB TIDE.............. .................... Jan 02
2)Bobby Freeman..... Josie 872......11
3)Roy Hamilton......... Epic 9068

In rows 2 and 3 above, I want only the table cells to show as a single
cell as normal. Then in column 3, merge rows 2 and 3.

However, when I try a rowspan, it doesn't work right.

So where do I put the rowspan to make it right?

Jonathan N. Little

richard said:
http://littleworldofours.com/1960d.html

I know you're gonna run it through the validator. BTDT.
What cleanup is needed will be done later.

Locate "EBB TIDE".
What I want to do is quite simple, but when I try it, I get an
erroneous table cell that should not be there.

On the very right side of each entry are two table cells that show a
"Week" and below it shows a number.

1)EBB TIDE.............. .................... Jan 02
2)Bobby Freeman..... Josie 872......11
3)Roy Hamilton......... Epic 9068

In rows 2 and 3 above, I want only the table cells to show as a single
cell as normal. Then in column 3, merge rows 2 and 3.

However, when I try a rowspan, it doesn't work right.

So where do I put the rowspan to make it right?
You don't want a *row*span but a colspan.

richard

You don't want a *row*span but a colspan.

Huh?
A column span does just that, merges two or more "columns" in a series
of rows.

I have 3 rows, each row has 3 cells.
row 1 merges col 1 and col 2 with colspan.
That works fine.
In rows 2 and 3, I want to merge col 3 as one cell.

The basic table:
1...2...3
4...5...6
7...8...9

Output as:

1........3
4...5...6
7...8....

So how is that done properly?

Ben C

On 2007-12-31 said:
The basic table:
1...2...3
4...5...6
7...8...9

Output as:

4...5...6
7...8....

So how is that done properly?

You need to scale up to the lowest common multiple. Something like this:

Jonathan N. Little

Nope I royally screwed up and got it "bass-ackwards", (too much xmas
cheer I guess)Should be *row*span