    that are quite long, and I want the header to stay visible while the body of
    the table is scrollable. I can't seem to find any examples of how to
    accomplish this. Can anyone here help me out? TIA!
    Ron Hinds, Jun 16, 2006

  2. Ron Hinds

    Evertjan. Guest

    Ron Hinds wrote on 16 jun 2006 in

    > I know this is a HTML question, but I can't seem to find an *active*
    > Microsoft HTML newsgroup. If anyone knows of one... Or maybe someone
    > can help me here.

    As you surmized, it has nothing to do with serverside code like ASP.

    Please search elsewhere, there are probably html ngs a plenty.

    I count 54 ngs with the string "html" in their names on my news server.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Jun 17, 2006

  3. Ron Hinds

    Mike Brind Guest

    Ron Hinds wrote:
    > I know this is a HTML question, but I can't seem to find an *active*
    > Microsoft HTML newsgroup. If anyone knows of one... Or maybe someone can
    > help me here.

    That's because Microsoft have nothing to do with html. It's not a
    proprietry coding language.

    > The last part of that is what interests me - I have some pages with tables
    > that are quite long, and I want the header to stay visible while the body of
    > the table is scrollable. I can't seem to find any examples of how to
    > accomplish this. Can anyone here help me out? TIA!

    CSS or frames is your answer. Someone asked the same question here a
    week or so ago. Let me find the post...

    Ah. Here it is:

    http://groups.google.com/group/micr....general/browse_frm/thread/3ed5dc271d4caf7c/#

    --
    Mike Brind
    Mike Brind, Jun 17, 2006
  4. Ron Hinds

    Ron Hinds Guest

    "Mike Brind" <> wrote in message

    > Ron Hinds wrote:
    > > I know this is a HTML question, but I can't seem to find an *active*
    > > Microsoft HTML newsgroup. If anyone knows of one... Or maybe someone can
    > > help me here.

    > That's because Microsoft have nothing to do with html. It's not a
    > proprietry coding language.

    Can't build a web page without it, though. And it is used heavily in
    FrontPage and Visual InterDev. MSDN provides a HTML reference. So I thought
    it was reasonable to assume they would have a NG...

    > > The last part of that is what interests me - I have some pages with

    tables
    > > that are quite long, and I want the header to stay visible while the

    body of
    > > the table is scrollable. I can't seem to find any examples of how to
    > > accomplish this. Can anyone here help me out? TIA!

    > CSS or frames is your answer. Someone asked the same question here a
    > week or so ago. Let me find the post...
    >
    > Ah. Here it is:

    http://groups.google.com/group/micr....general/browse_frm/thread/3ed5dc271d4caf7c/#

    > --
    > Mike Brind

    Thank you, Mike!
    Ron Hinds, Jun 19, 2006
  5. Ron Hinds

    Mike Brind Guest

    Ron Hinds wrote:
    > "Mike Brind" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Ron Hinds wrote:
    > > > I know this is a HTML question, but I can't seem to find an *active*
    > > > Microsoft HTML newsgroup. If anyone knows of one... Or maybe someone can
    > > > help me here.

    > > That's because Microsoft have nothing to do with html. It's not a
    > > proprietry coding language.

    > Can't build a web page without it, though. And it is used heavily in
    > FrontPage and Visual InterDev. MSDN provides a HTML reference. So I thought
    > it was reasonable to assume they would have a NG...

    LOL. Let me see if I can find the Adobe or Macromedia html groups
    then....

    :)
    Mike Brind, Jun 19, 2006