table row height

Michael Peters

think of a portal, a table inside of tables. What I want to do is specify a
certain height (say, 100 pixels) for the upper row of the table. The row in
this case has only one cell, so I specify <td height="100">.

for some reason, this doesn't work. The height seems to depend on the space
that is available, that is, on the sum height of the rows that follow.

What can I do?

-Michael

Sid Ismail

:
: for some reason, this doesn't work. The height seems to depend on the space
: that is available, that is, on the sum height of the rows that follow.
:
: What can I do?

Try this - in that TD - do not specify height - but stick in a spacer.gif
with width=1, height=100?

Sid

Sid Ismail

: Sid Ismail wrote:
: > Try this - in that TD - do not specify height - but stick in a spacer.gif
:
: That's so last millenium.

LOL - it's valid in this millenium also...
wanna mess with <td height=... >?

Sid