Table where I want to draw a border around the whole table but not between the cells.

UJ

I have a table with multiple cells and I want to draw a box around the
entire table but not around the individual cells. How do I do that?

TIA - Jeff.

Jan Hyde

I have a table with multiple cells and I want to draw a box around the
entire table but not around the individual cells. How do I do that?

TIA - Jeff.

IIRC just setting the borders on the table should do it.

Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

Guest

If you are asking about a .net table you can do:

Table table = new Table();
table.Style.Add("border-width","1px");
table.Style.Add("border-color","#000000");
table.Style.Add("border-style","solid");

Or just an html table:

border-style: solid;">

And there is a ton of different borders you can use, just google css
border-style

UJ

But doesn't that put a border around everything including the cells? I need
just a border around the outside of the table.

Jan Hyde

But doesn't that put a border around everything including the cells? I need
just a border around the outside of the table.

Have you tried it?

Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

UJ

I just tried it and it shows the borders on the cells also. Remember - I
just need a border around the entire object - no each individual cell.

TIA.

K B

Try this...it gives you just the outer border.

kit

Jan Hyde

I just tried it and it shows the borders on the cells also. Remember - I
just need a border around the entire object - no each individual cell.

I can't recraete your problem, my tables are set up in
exactly the way you want (my style sheet sets border-right,
border-top etc) and in IE6, Firefox and Opera I only get a
border round the whole table, cells are unaffected.

TIA.

Jan Hyde said:
Have you tried it?

Jan Hyde (VB MVP)