    I have a table with multiple cells and I want to draw a box around the
    entire table but not around the individual cells. How do I do that?

    TIA - Jeff.
    UJ, Jun 8, 2006

  2. UJ

    Jan Hyde Guest

    "UJ" <>'s wild thoughts were released on
    Thu, 8 Jun 2006 10:49:39 -0400 bearing the following fruit:

    >I have a table with multiple cells and I want to draw a box around the
    >entire table but not around the individual cells. How do I do that?
    >
    >TIA - Jeff.

    IIRC just setting the borders on the table should do it.

    Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

    --
    I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.
    Jan Hyde, Jun 8, 2006

  3. RE: Table where I want to draw a border around the whole table but not

    If you are asking about a .net table you can do:

    Table table = new Table();
    table.Style.Add("border-width","1px");
    table.Style.Add("border-color","#000000");
    table.Style.Add("border-style","solid");

    Or just an html table:

    border-style: solid;">

    And there is a ton of different borders you can use, just google css
    border-style

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVyZW15?=, Jun 8, 2006
  4. UJ

    UJ Guest

    Re: Table where I want to draw a border around the whole table but not

    But doesn't that put a border around everything including the cells? I need
    just a border around the outside of the table.

    UJ, Jun 8, 2006
  5. UJ

    Jan Hyde Guest

    Re: Table where I want to draw a border around the whole table but not

    "UJ" <>'s wild thoughts were released on
    Thu, 8 Jun 2006 16:28:28 -0400 bearing the following fruit:

    >But doesn't that put a border around everything including the cells? I need
    >just a border around the outside of the table.

    Have you tried it?

    >"Jeremy" <> wrote in message
    >> If you are asking about a .net table you can do:
    >>
    >> Table table = new Table();
    >> table.Style.Add("border-width","1px");
    >> table.Style.Add("border-color","#000000");
    >> table.Style.Add("border-style","solid");
    >>
    >> Or just an html table:

    >> border-style: solid;">
    >>
    >> And there is a ton of different borders you can use, just google css
    >> border-style
    >>
    >> "UJ" wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a table with multiple cells and I want to draw a box around the
    >>> entire table but not around the individual cells. How do I do that?
    >>>
    >>> TIA - Jeff.

    Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

    --
    A friend of mine just had her 11th baby. Everyone says she's overbearing
    (Megan Waves)
    Jan Hyde, Jun 9, 2006
  6. UJ

    UJ Guest

    Re: Table where I want to draw a border around the whole table but not

    I just tried it and it shows the borders on the cells also. Remember - I
    just need a border around the entire object - no each individual cell.

    TIA.

    UJ, Jun 9, 2006
  7. UJ

    K B Guest

    Try this...it gives you just the outer border.

    kit

    K B, Jun 10, 2006
  8. UJ

    Jan Hyde Guest

    Re: Table where I want to draw a border around the whole table but not

    "UJ" <>'s wild thoughts were released on
    Fri, 9 Jun 2006 16:38:26 -0400 bearing the following fruit:

    >I just tried it and it shows the borders on the cells also. Remember - I
    >just need a border around the entire object - no each individual cell.

    I can't recraete your problem, my tables are set up in
    exactly the way you want (my style sheet sets border-right,
    border-top etc) and in IE6, Firefox and Opera I only get a
    border round the whole table, cells are unaffected.

    >TIA.
    >
    >"Jan Hyde" <> wrote in message
    >> "UJ" <>'s wild thoughts were released on
    >> Thu, 8 Jun 2006 16:28:28 -0400 bearing the following fruit:
    >>
    >>>But doesn't that put a border around everything including the cells? I
    >>>need
    >>>just a border around the outside of the table.

    >> Have you tried it?

    >>>"Jeremy" <> wrote in message

    >> Jan Hyde (VB MVP)
    >>
    >> --
    >> A friend of mine just had her 11th baby. Everyone says she's overbearing
    >> (Megan Waves)

    Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

    --
    Polarize: What penguins see with (Hershy)
    Jan Hyde, Jun 12, 2006
  9. UJ

    UJ Guest

    That works perfectly!