Table width is always at 100%

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Trap, Jul 30, 2007.

  1. Trap

    Trap Guest

    Hi,

    I am enhancing an website made from others.

    I want to put a table with this CSS property:

    ..tooltip table {
    font-size: 9px;
    color: black;
    table-layout: auto; <-------------- useful ?
    width: 20%; <-------------- note this
    }

    ..tooltip td {
    font-size: 9px;
    color: black;
    }

    ..tooltip tr {
    font-size: 9px;
    color: black;
    }

    note that I "forked" the table width to 20%. But when I show it on the
    browser, that table is *always* at 100% of width (entire screen
    width!).

    Why is it doing this?

    Trap, Jul 30, 2007