    chEErs roN
    I'm root. I'm allowed to do this! ;)
    keep on rockin'
    roN, Aug 17, 2005

  2. roN

    rf Guest

    roN wrote:

    > I wanna show a table in a javascrpt window(document.open).

    Er, why?

    > I defined it like:<table width="200" border="0" cellspacing="0"
    > cellpadding="0"> but why isn't its width 200? it's width is much wider

    than
    > 200. why the hell?

    What is wider than 200? The table or the spurious window you have opened?

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Aug 17, 2005

  3. roN

    roN Guest

    rf wrote:
    > roN wrote:
    >
    >> I wanna show a table in a javascrpt window(document.open).

    > Er, why?

    Erm, why not?
    Just to show the content a bit arranged.

    >> I defined it like:<table width="200" border="0" cellspacing="0"
    >> cellpadding="0"> but why isn't its width 200? it's width is much
    >> wider than 200. why the hell?

    > What is wider than 200? The table or the spurious window you have
    > opened?

    The table.
    --
    chEErs roN
    I'm root. I'm allowed to do this! ;)
    roN, Aug 17, 2005
  4. roN

    rf Guest

    roN
    > rf wrote:
    > > roN wrote:
    > >
    > >> I wanna show a table in a javascrpt window(document.open).

    > > Er, why?

    > Erm, why not?

    My point is that you already have a browser window at your disposal. Why do
    you feel the need to inflict another one on me? Not that I will see it
    anyway, my popup blocker will stop it from opening.

    > Just to show the content a bit arranged.

    Ah, eerm, this does not scan. What do you mean by the content a bit
    arranged?

    > > What is wider than 200? The table or the spurious window you have
    > > opened?

    > The table.

    OK. Now a URL is now required.

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Aug 17, 2005
  5. roN

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, roN <> said:

    > I wanna show a table

    Is it actually tabular data?

    > in a javascrpt window(document.open).

    Please don't do that. One browser window is sufficient.

    > I defined it like:<table width="200" border="0" cellspacing="0"
    > cellpadding="0"> but why isn't its width 200? it's width is much wider than
    > 200. why the hell?

    Probably because the content is wider than 200px. As Richard said, a URL
    would be required for further investigation.

    Things like width should be specified in your CSS anyway, not the HTML.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Aug 17, 2005
  6. roN wrote :
    > Hi,
    >
    > I wanna show a table in a javascrpt window(document.open).
    > I defined it like:<table width="200" border="0" cellspacing="0"
    > cellpadding="0"> but why isn't its width 200? it's width is much wider than
    > 200. why the hell?
    > Thank you!
    >
    > --
    > chEErs roN
    > I'm root. I'm allowed to do this! ;)
    > keep on rockin'

    I agree with everyone who answered you so far.
    1- You need to provide more info, in particular, specific info on what
    you are trying to do (web page design, website context, etc). Who
    knows... you may be looking to normally insert a <div> into a standard
    page instead of dynamically DOM-inserting a table into a secondary
    window. Keep flexible and open-minded: you should not assume your
    solution is the best.
    2- Tables should be used for tabular data. Otherwise, it cause
    accessibility burden and difficulties. Tables used for non-tabular data
    is not good semantic markup.
    3- An url where you use such table would answer a lot of question.
    Posting code is not convenient and can not provide answers to questions
    of various nature.

    GĂ©rard
    --
    remove blah to email me
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Talbot?=, Aug 21, 2005