    centered if possible.

    Thanks

    cellpadding="2" width="750" border="0" background="car.jpg" height="481">

    Brett Baisley, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Brett Baisley

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:xi0Nb.62847$>
    Brett Baisley said:

    > Is it possible to have a table in HTML with a background image centered in
    > the table both vertically and horizontally?

    yes but you shouldn't be using tables for layout

    table{background:#FFF url(the-image.png) no-repeat center;}

    --
    brucie

    brucie, Jan 14, 2004

  3. What should I be using then?

    Brett Baisley, Jan 14, 2004
  4. Brett Baisley

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:eek:t0Nb.62853$>
    Brett Baisley said:

    >>> Is it possible to have a table in HTML with a background image
    >>> centered in the table both vertically and horizontally?

    >> yes but you shouldn't be using tables for layout

    > What should I be using then?

    CSS
    http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts

    please don't toppost

    How am I supposed to post my replies in a newsgroup?:
    http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

    --
    brucie

    brucie, Jan 14, 2004
  5. Brett Baisley

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Jan 14, 2004
  6. Brett Baisley

    Noozer Guest

    "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > in post <news:eek:t0Nb.62853$>

    > >> yes but you shouldn't be using tables for layout

    > > What should I be using then?

    > CSS
    > http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts
    >
    > please don't toppost
    >
    > How am I supposed to post my replies in a newsgroup?:
    > http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

    I can use links too!!!

    http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame18.html

    Noozer, Jan 14, 2004
  7. Brett Baisley

    rf Guest

    "Noozer" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

    > I can use links too!!!
    >
    > http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame18.html

    You can also end up being totally ignored by those who actually have answers
    to the questions you are asking.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jan 14, 2004