    <head>
    a {display:block;}
    a:hover {background:black;}
    tony wong, Nov 25, 2004

  2. tony wong

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Nov 26, 2004

  3. tony wong

    jake Guest

    In message <41a5eed2$>, tony wong <>
    writes
    >i wish to design a table, then the hyperlink(MouseOn) can be effected in the
    >whole cell, not just the text only. But i just can make it effect in the
    >1st Cell, fail in the 2nd one. What's wrong with the code? thanks.

    ><head>
    >a {display:block;}
    >a:hover {background:black;}

    What browser/version are you using to test this with?

    regards.
    --
    Jake
    jake, Nov 26, 2004
  4. tony wong

    Peter Guest

    tony wong schreef:

    >i wish to design a table, then the hyperlink(MouseOn) can be effected in the
    >whole cell, not just the text only. But i just can make it effect in the
    >1st Cell, fail in the 2nd one. What's wrong with the code? thanks.

    ><head>
    >a {display:block;}
    >a:hover {background:black;}

    works in IE& and Mozilla
    Peter
    Peter, Nov 26, 2004
  5. tony wong

    tony wong Guest

    my IE browser version is 6.0.2900.2180 xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2168

    i wish to design some simple hyperlinks in a format of table which makes me
    easier to assign width.

    when the user moves the mouse over ANY PART of the cell, then the hyperlink
    can be clicked and the background color of the cell can be changed.

    however i can only do that in the 1st cell but fails in the 2nd cell, 3rd
    cell, 4th cell.....

    What's wrong with my code? i have not assigned to effect only the 1st cell
    in the code. Grateful if you could help me to solve it out. Thanks a lot.

    "Peter" <> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:41a70f6b$0$8913$...

    tony wong, Nov 26, 2004
  6. tony wong

    Pete Gray Guest

    In article <41a73c00$>, says...
    > my IE browser version is 6.0.2900.2180 xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2168
    >
    > "Peter" <> =3F¶=3Fg©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:41a70f6b$0$8913$...
    > > tony wong schreef:
    > >
    > >>i wish to design a table, then the hyperlink(MouseOn) can be effected in
    > >>the whole cell, not just the text only. But i just can make it effect in
    > >>the 1st Cell, fail in the 2nd one. What's wrong with the code? thanks..
    > >>
    > >>****************************************
    > >><head>
    > >>a {display:block;}
    > >>a:hover {background:black;}
    > >>

    > > works in IE& and Mozilla
    > > Peter

    > i wish to design some simple hyperlinks in a format of table which makes me
    > easier to assign width.
    >
    > when the user moves the mouse over ANY PART of the cell, then the hyperlink
    > can be clicked and the background color of the cell can be changed.
    >
    > however i can only do that in the 1st cell but fails in the 2nd cell, 3rd
    > cell, 4th cell.....
    >
    > What's wrong with my code? i have not assigned to effect only the 1st cell
    > in the code. Grateful if you could help me to solve it out. Thanks a lot.

    IE6 on this machine certainly exhibits this behaviour. If you change'a
    {display:block;}' to 'a {display:block;width:100%;}' it performs as
    you are expecting.

    --
    Pete Gray
    while ($cat!="home"){$mice=="play";}