table

tony wong

i wish to design a table, then the hyperlink(MouseOn) can be effected in the
whole cell, not just the text only. But i just can make it effect in the
1st Cell, fail in the 2nd one. What's wrong with the code? thanks.

<head>
a {display:block;}
a:hover {background:black;}

jake

tony wong <[email protected]> said:
i wish to design a table, then the hyperlink(MouseOn) can be effected in the
whole cell, not just the text only. But i just can make it effect in the
1st Cell, fail in the 2nd one. What's wrong with the code? thanks.

<head>
a {display:block;}
a:hover {background:black;}

What browser/version are you using to test this with?

regards.

Peter

tony wong schreef:
i wish to design a table, then the hyperlink(MouseOn) can be effected in the
whole cell, not just the text only. But i just can make it effect in the
1st Cell, fail in the 2nd one. What's wrong with the code? thanks.

<head>
a {display:block;}
a:hover {background:black;}
works in IE& and Mozilla
Peter

tony wong

my IE browser version is 6.0.2900.2180 xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2168

i wish to design some simple hyperlinks in a format of table which makes me
easier to assign width.

when the user moves the mouse over ANY PART of the cell, then the hyperlink
can be clicked and the background color of the cell can be changed.

however i can only do that in the 1st cell but fails in the 2nd cell, 3rd
cell, 4th cell.....

What's wrong with my code? i have not assigned to effect only the 1st cell
in the code. Grateful if you could help me to solve it out. Thanks a lot.

Pete Gray

my IE browser version is 6.0.2900.2180 xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2168

i wish to design some simple hyperlinks in a format of table which makes me
easier to assign width.

when the user moves the mouse over ANY PART of the cell, then the hyperlink
can be clicked and the background color of the cell can be changed.

however i can only do that in the 1st cell but fails in the 2nd cell, 3rd
cell, 4th cell.....

What's wrong with my code? i have not assigned to effect only the 1st cell
in the code. Grateful if you could help me to solve it out. Thanks a lot.

IE6 on this machine certainly exhibits this behaviour. If you change'a
{display:block;}' to 'a {display:block;width:100%;}' it performs as
you are expecting.

tony wong

Thanks a lot Pete.

i can sleep well tonight.

"Pete Gray" <[email protected]> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:[email protected]...