TableAdapter Scalar or "Single Value" Queries

Fred Taylor

How do you specify the data type of the return value of Scalar queries in
Visual Web Developer through the IDE? Sometimes VWD gets it right, but most
of the time it specifies the type as "Object".

To work around this, I have to manually change the ScalarCallRetval
attribute value from System.Object to System.Int32 in the XSD file. It's a
real pain, and I feel like I'm sort of hacking the file when I do this. TIA.